1.31.2012

Maudine's Birthday Cup cakes

I am not a baker, but I have been making more cup cakes lately for friends and coworkers birthdays. Today is my coworker Maude's birthday and she loves chocolate and coconut. So here I made a devil's food cake. It was Duncan Hines and I helped! :) Frosting I made which recipe follows.... Although I am not a baker, I do enjoy decorating cup cakes. This looks so yummy and I haven't even had one!


Maude's Devil's Food with
Cream Cheese Coconut Frosting


Cupcakes: Followed directions to cake box

Frosting:
2 pkgs. Cream Cheese, softened
1 stick of salted butter, softened
2 cups Powdered Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Coconut Extract

1. Whip cream cheese in mixer, add butter. When thoroughly blended add sugar 1/2 cup at a time. Give that a good whip and add extract. Whip it up another minute.

Frosting is not super sweet nor is there a overly coconut taste. I like balance. Nothing to over power the other characters. This frosting can frost up to a 9x13 cake pan. I tend to make extra in case you want thicker frosting or extra to yummy up on the side. This can also frost up to 20 cupcakes or more..haha or less, all depends how thick you frost them. I would let frosting sit in fridge covered or cup cakes.

Drained stemmed maraschino cherries and sprinkles finish this off. Looks like a sundae. It was truly enjoyed by everyone and I am thankful it made the birthday girls day. :) Happy Birthday Maude.....

No comments:

Post a Comment